Another old wallpaper thread...! Driving me mad!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so I have trawled books and the internet to find this blummin' wallpaper...
thumbnail_IMG_7740.jpg

We've just moved into a house and the whole downstairs and up the staircase to the landing is covered in this paper. Right now we just dont have the time to re-do the whole thing as it is encrusted with paint and a nightmare to get off, however, because the lovely people who were 'looking after' the house after the poor owner had died were a little careless with, well themselves, there are two great big chunks out of the top of the stairs and in the dining room. Im talking metre chunks not centimetres...

Weirdly this wallpaper looks familiar to me, but nowhere can I find it! The nearest I keep finding is anaglypta surf which isnt that near. The rest of the house was decorated early to late 1970s so im thinking its from around this time.

Please tell me someone knows what this pattern is at least so I can try and source it! Key words I have used are fan, fantail, clamshell, plaster effect, brush stroke, feather, paintable, anaglypta etc....

I would genuinely be eternally grateful

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have you tried looking in the loft? That's where old wallpaper goes to die as a rule!:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back