Another One Passes Me By....

This is where we went today. It's a folly called Solomon's Temple built on the top of a hill (more accurately a Bronze Age barrow) near Pools Cavern in Buxton:

SolomonsTemple.jpg

This is the view from the folly:

ViewFromSolomonsTemple.jpg

Here's something to spoil that view:

BoysAtSolomonsTemple110809.jpg

Then we went for a 4-course all-you-can-scoff Chinese which averaged out at £7.60 a head including drinks.

That's more like a birthday!!

Sponsored Links
Fancy putting all those bricks round those lovely children! :LOL: :LOL:

We first went camping when I was about 13, (long, long time ago), to a farm called 'Cold Springs' just outside of Buxton on the road leading upto 'The Cat & Fiddle.'
On one of our many 'treks, Solomons Temple was one of the places we visited. Did you visit the baths in the town square, by St Catherines(?) well? Dive in one end and your hands touch the other just as your feet are leaving the bathside! :LOL: Did a lot of walking around that area when I was a youth including the underground caves at Castleton and down to Matlock/Matlock Bath etc. Some fantastic scenery around there.
Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Not been to the baths.

Have driven the C&F loads of times as Macc & High Peak used to be my patch.

The guys in the office used to look at the map & think - Buxton-Macc is no distance without realising that there's a slight and winding gradient between the two...

Organised a short hiking holiday based in Castleton last year, but due to sod's law I injured my feet, of all things, a couple of days before hand, so had to make it a bit of an environmentally unfriendly driving break. Beautiful scenery though.

Sponsored Links
there's a slight and winding gradient between the two...

Oh yeah, JUST a slight one! :eek:

Tell them to try walking the damm thing!
And as for getting round Snake Pass in the dead of night!

eek2.gif

Looks like a nice day out Blas.
Hope the weather holds good for you.
Enjoy yourself and as you say, get back on here more often!

:LOL: :LOL:

Think its about time I went and seen Speke Hall again. Haven't been since I was a teenager.
(No comment Mr Tim! :LOL: )

Looks like a nice day out Blas.
Hope the weather holds good for you.
Enjoy yourself and as you say, get back on here more often!

:LOL: :LOL:

Think its about time I went and seen Speke Hall again. Haven't been since I was a teenager.
(No comment Mr Tim! :LOL: )
I'll try mate, I'll try. I'm hoping for torrential rain! :evil:

I don't mind her family conny.... I just don't want to spend every flamin day with them! :mad:

It's typical of National Trust mate. I know they're a charity an all but they ain't got a flamin clue when it comes to running a business! I've had numerous run-ins with them over different things and all you get is, 'Well we're a charity you know'! Why does that excuse the management from being able to run it as a business? Ah, I'm gonna stop otherwise I'll go off on one and this is your day and your post my friend.

May you live long, happy and healthy with all your family.

Did you visit the baths in the town square, by St Catherines(?) well?

It's St Anne's Well Conny - and for any of you who've bought a bottle of Buxton Spring Water - you can fill you bottle up with the very same FOC at St Anne's Well - although it does come out a little warm!!!

Secures - you'd very nearly have been able to see my house from the top of Solomon's temple - looking North-East from the top of it!! If i'd known you were there i'd have given you a happy birthday wave!!

Sponsored Links
Back