Another Phone Scam?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I don't know this takes the biscuit, I had a call supposedly from Sky television in Bolton from an Asian sounding woman, and the phone display told me it was an international call stating that there had been a few problems with the rollout of the new cards and was my stb OK and she needed me to take the card out of my stb and read out the numbers to her. I challenged her to prove to me who she really was because I doubted her authenticity. She said she could give me my Sky account number,

I replied how does that prove anything as I do not even know what my Sky account number is, as she had confirmed my name and had telephoned my home number she obviously had my name and telephone number already but her request seemed unreasonable to me. When I again asked her to prove to me who she was she hung up, well it just goes to show that information is leaking around the world from servers all over the country and you have to be on one's guard. I can only assume they would somehow have take over my viewing card if I had given her the details and I would have been paying for the privilege of someone else watching on my basic subscription. What else could the call have been about as I am sure they would not be so unprofessional as to hang up...would they

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info HOGGY. Sounds a bit dodgy to me too.

WAIT A MINUTE...... Didn't HOGGY say he wouldn't be on here tonight? :evil:

Sponsored Links
I always insist that any information wanted should be requested in writing - after all, they have my account and contact details so it should be easy enough for them to facilitate this.

I had a phone call like that,but this was a bloke with an English (southern accent) inquiring about my sky account. I asked him wtf he was on about as I don't have sky. Reckon their on a phishing exploit via the phone.

do i need one of them?
my sets like 3" thick which is slightly less thick than me.

any way how do I get an STB to balance :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back