Have I made another mistake ?

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All.
Whilst waiting at a set of lights yesterday a lady coming to a halt behind me managed to hit my car. After pulling over to a safe place I could see that she was clearly shaken :( . She explained that her foot had slipped off the brake onto the 'gas' pedal. She said that she was to blame etc etc and that I could have all her details.
However, my 'old banger' is not worth a t*ss, and I said that I didn't need her details (she only gave me her home phone number, a nice Doctor at that !! :eek: :LOL: ). I called her last night just to confirm that I would not be claiming and to check she was ok and just got an answer-phone.
No call back today.
Neck ache today and upon looking at the car, the wing above the back wheel is 'creased out' number plate has had it, bumper etc. Her new shape BMW had bonnet, grill, bumper damage.

Should I have taken her full details :eek: to cover myself against anything ???
Not having a lot of luck of late and just wanted to put this one behind me.

Thanks for any advice.

Ed

Sponsored Links
If she was nice how come you didn't take her details down??? :eek:

:LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though you should have taken her details and told her you would contact her in a day or two after assessing what damage she may have caused.
Did you leave a message on her answerphone saying you would not be claiming or just asking her to contact you?

of course you should have taken her detail down ;)
No joking apart yes you should have, like you say, you could now well have an injury that was caused by the bump and you also have damage to the car.
Sometimes when you are bumped in the rear :eek: it is not always easily noticed that the bumper is damaged and will no longer protect you as well as it did in the previous bump, even if the plastic cover has not broken or scuffed.

All you need is her index number, then you can claim. You did make a note of that?

Sponsored Links
If you want my opinion - and you probably don't - but i've started so i'll finish... :)
You've already said the car's worth nothing ("However, my 'old banger' is not worth a t*ss") so why are you bothering about the dents?

How's the 'neck ache' ? is it just bruising? or do you think you have done some damage? if so, then go and get seen by the doc.

Should you have taken the details? well you didn't. In actual fact i like the way you dealt with it. It was a nice generous gesture. If you did it because she was a looker... then unlucky !

Today's society has become far too greedy. If i were you, i would have a warm feeling inside, knowing that i'd taken a knock and helped out a fellow citizen that had made a bit of a mistake.

f*cking claim the arse of them. they'd do the same to you.
don't feel sorry for no one now days.

Seco's answer kinda sets up a poll with my response!!!! :LOL:

I'll lose the poll but i aint wrong! ;)

Thanks All.
Points taken.

(Just two weeks ago I gave a bloke £30.00 he had dropped where we were working the previous day, only to get a verbal about all the grief his missus had given him over it. But still think it's nice to be nice).

Hopefully I wont be hearing any more about our little 'come-together'.

Thanks again

Ed

Thanks All.
Points taken.

(Just two weeks ago I gave a bloke £30.00 he had dropped where we were working the previous day, only to get a verbal about all the grief his missus had given him over it. But still think it's nice to be nice).

Hopefully I wont be hearing any more about our little 'come-together'.

Thanks again

Ed

You did the right thing with the money Ed

Recently found a phone on train and handed it in (looked new and quite good model). About 2 days later I didn't notice I dropped some money on a train until the people across from me told me I had dropped it

Always, happened to me and I said no damaged but the paint shop said the internal bumper brackets are push in, didn't noticed it until they pointed it out to me, cost £450 :!:

Always, happened to me and I said no damaged but the paint shop said the internal bumper brackets are push in, didn't noticed it until they pointed it out to me, cost £450 :!:

Yeah but this is what Ed said "However, my 'old banger' is not worth a t*ss".... therefore you wouldn't spend £450 on any work... or £4.50 for that matter...

You have to think about if the damaged could failed the MOT(?)

Sponsored Links
Back