Another question about downlighters in a bathroom

Sponsored Links
Do you often accuse people of lying on forums?

Not that it's any of your business particularly but my electrician is a family friend who is happy to test and certify my install.

Thanks for the "advice" as always bas

Not that it's any of your business particularly but my electrician is a family friend who is happy to test and certify my install.
This will sound very negative but will the friendship survive if there is ever a disputed insurance claim as a result of an electrical fault from the ciruit you install.

Insurance companies sometimes will dispute a claim and then not pay out if the incident was caused by a fault not spotted by the tradesperson who tested and certified the installation. Instead they support the claimant in a legal case to recover the loss from the tradesman. Then it is up to you whether you persue that action against the tradesman or pay the repair bill from your own pocket.

Some insurance companies will not dispute the need to repair and will pay for repairs to be completed without delay. Then the insurance company will look into recovering the money. If there is a tradesman whose error or ommission led to the incident happening then the insurance company will make every effort to get the money from him of his liability insurance.

For this reason tradesmen are not going to sign off work that they have not had total control over.

I appreciate that, but that's why he is checking every connection at the end of the job. He will see the entire first fix and I'm sure will have no problem with telling me to redo sections.

He said he usually gets a labourer to pull up floorboards, cut boxes into walls and run cables through voids.... I don't really see the difference with me being an unpaid labourer?

Sponsored Links
Do you often accuse people of lying on forums?
Dear god you are hard-of-thinking, aren't you.

Where did I accuse you of lying?

I said you made a post in which you "quoted" PrenticeBoyofDerry as saying things he had not, and asked you to take more care.

You did do that, and you should take more care.

t290172.jpg

What on earth has that got to do with you claiming PrenticeBoyofDerry said things he didn't?

Thanks for the "advice" as always bas
You're welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back