Another reason why Tesco stink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was in their Doncaster Church View store today. Granted, this store is a good 30 years old, but they have recently had new chilled produce cabinets fitted. These are of the type that have a "half top" - the top part with the air curtain outlet only comes out halfway, so the cool air curtain is blown forward slightly. The lights are hung from the ceiling, as opposed to being part of the cabinet. However, I noticed that this design would be hard to accomodate a night blind. Lo and behold, no night blinds. :rolleyes: Now, I cant imagine this design of cooler being very efficient either, due to there being no real base to it, the air collectors are on the floor, pointing forward.
03jc3.jpg

The most efficient type of dairy open front cooler has the air curtain going totally vertical. Though sadly (for the environment), the trend is toward the above design of chiller, which rather looks more like a set of standard shelves.

As I ventured round the store (it wasnt my idea to go there) I also noticed NONE of the fridges had night blinds. I also noted that the older fridges had TWO rows of lights! :eek: Why? Its not like they are even very big, they have quite a narrow display area compared to newer fridges, which only use one row of lights.

On the fresh meat aisle (which was sparsely stocked), there were extra spotlights on the ceiling, meat-coloured lights, as well as the two rows of lights in the chillers and the standard ceiling lights. :confused: Totally unnessecary, IMO.

I just found all this astounding in this day and age of trying to reduce our energy consumption. The company I work for is actually making their new stores 25% dimmer, and trying to go for more efficient tri-phosphor tubes etc. This should be the way forward.

Sponsored Links
Listen Granville ,
I understand your concerns an know where you are here .........

my father was a cash an carry manager so I Know ALL about the food/grocery industry (even if I didnt want to know , cheers dad ,lol :) )

Tescos is SATANS STORE .....I will continue shopping at your knock off shops ,
regarding dodgy lighting an selling practises/an Green issues ....the morjority of joe public dont care
yeppers we bleat we are concerned but as ever we are a nation of sheep an will just carry on using cr*p Toscos cause they have bought up all the small indie shops for express shops

keep up the good fight Granville an dont defect too toscos

btw whats happening on July 1st ?

Decoratingdimensions said:
Loving the diagram... :D
My explanation didn't look too clear so i thought i'd do a quick diagram on paint. :LOL:

Moz, the smoking ban. ;)

Sponsored Links
Are YOU expected to enforce IT in the shop ????????

could be a nightmare telling them dodgy donnie customers to stub it out ?

this will make you hate them more then. my father in law was talking to some it guys at a business centre where he does some work. They are developing some software for tescos. The idea is that you will be able to buy and sell houses through them.

Bunch of world dominating tossers.

Thermo

you lot may lol at me but I had a drug/drink nightmare a good while ago an To**ers was Satans future of the WORLD ....!!

lol @ securespark

mark my words ...

toscos will rule us all ..lol :)

not me they wont, grow our own veg, use local shops/farmers markets.

stuff tescos

Thermo
good life , eh Tom ...

hows Felicity ? lol

will be Outlawed soon an your allotment Siezed by order of to**ers , express needs building there ..lol

we should start the To**er Resistant Movement ...name may need work ..eh lads ?

Sponsored Links
Back