Another skirting question..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you wanted to fit new boards by screwing them in, what do you call those drill packs that bore out a bit of the wood that you can fit to the screwhole afterwards and where can you get a good set? Also.. in my flat the doorways have a glass transom above therefore the whole fitting is full height, so the architraving is small/thin.. there's no room to fit anything wide. If i swop out the skrting which is also quite narrow i'd probably like something wider.. what's the standard practice for joining those where they meet the narrorwe architrave.. just notch a 45 off the top corner of skrting or something else? I'd be varnishing or staining so would want the most attractive or at least least attention drawing join..

Sponsored Links
Cheers.. do you perhaps mean like.. a square block that sits prouder and is deeper than the skirt.. and they both just run square into it?

Sponsored Links
Right.. i can see how that would look good, cheers for the tip :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back