Another sofa can't fit through the door - window option?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we rushed to bid on a matching sofa on ebay for our 'cuddle chair', got it home, went to take it into the living room, but won't get in. The hallway is narrow and the sofa is taller than the door frame so nigh impossible to turn or angle it so it can get in.

We are exploring taking one window pane out, but the snag is our windows are like this https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/windo...indows/Square-Images/TripleGlazing.jpg?mw=400 - and yes Anglian made, Aluminium frame types. Installed before we bought the house. But ours also has 3 smaller windows above each pane as well.

Question is, is it possible to remove the middle pane and either the left or right column of that pane? Because if we do this we can open one window on the left or right to create a wide opening. I hope that makes sense? They all seem to have individual panels, but god knows how easy they are to remove, if at all.

I've had a look at dismantling the sofa, but there are no visible bolts and screws I can see that will easily remove an arm or back etc.

Sponsored Links
I get a picture of a window with a dog under it...

But back to the OP's question, highly unlikely...

I take it you mean remove the vertical bar in between the panes of glass .... worst case scenario they are welded joints so no chance , best case scenario they are screwed together ( mechanically jointed ) , but you'd still have to take the whole frame out to get to the screws....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back