Removing a UPVC door / window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Next weds I am getting a new sofa delivered, Now when I look at our UPVC door i see that its fouled from opening fully by the wall so i am anticipating trouble getting my sofa through

I am told by several people that popping upvc windows & doors out is easy,

However I have never done such a thing, My aim is to at least have an idea how to do it just in case the sofa wont go through the door

The door hinges are on the inside of the frame & it looks as if it may lift up/off but i need to remove some cappings/covers to get to any access screws

There doesnt seem to be anything perculiar about the windows that i can see

Any pointers or tips? I can provide pics if nececary

Sponsored Links
Post some pics but if you have flag hinges then generally you can lift the door off no problems but sometimes the door sash won't lift high enough because it hits the plaster reveal across the head, if you can lift off just get someone to watch the spindles on the hinges stay in the half thats on the door frame, if they come out you'll see they are concentric and able to move the door sideways in the frame, if you just plop them back in without knowing the door may foul the frame when shutting.

Take some pics of the door and window and we can advise better

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks for that i have now managed to fins a whole host of info on the hinges :)

Out of interest is removing a window easier? i hear its a case of just removing the inner beading & lifting out the payne?

Some beads are easy to remove and some aren't and vice versa, post a photo of the beads and a corner

Panic over, sofa dismantled! & slid in nicely, Figured out the window thing myself the beads were indeed nice & easy to pop out ( though i didnt need to ) not so easy to pop back but i managed it

thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back