Removing UPVC Window for Furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How easy is it to remove a UPVC living room window?

We have just ordered a new sofa and although we are pretty sure it will come through the door, I just want to be ready for the chance it doesn't. If not, it will have to come through the living room window, which is a large window in 3 pieces (1 opening, 1 fixed, 1 opening) UPVC double glazed unit.

I have never tried to remove them before, but a few people have said they pretty much just snap together (and apart), and when I looked I certainly couldn't see any screws holding it together.

Is it this easy, or in the event of needing to remove it should I just call a glazer (who will probably charge the Earth!).

Sponsored Links
you have to gain accses to the outer frame removing the d/glazing as required then youll see the screws [if fitted]
you should be able to see fixing if you open a side window
remove any outside cladding then the securing screws and any builders foam or any other product to seal the gap

easier and quicker i m h o to remove the door ,door stop, archatrave and door lining in that order taking the door off will give you 2 inches door stop 1 inch then the lining 1"and a half

usualy taking the door and stop is enough

Thanks

I am pretty sure it will go in as it's roughly the size of the sofa we already have which went in, but as you enter our front door you have to take an immediate right to get in the front room, so it's not the easiest to negotiate with large items.

Door off will gain a couple of inches alone without the frame coming out so that may be an option if the worst happens.

Another option for us is to remove the kitchen patio doors (not sure how you do that either!) and manouver it through the kitchen where it has a straight run rather than a sharp bend.

Hopefully worrying about nothing, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back