upvc front door removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a upvc front door I need to lift off for a sofa to come in. It has 3 flag hinges but when i come to lift it off the overhang inside stops the door coming off. Do i have to undo all the screws holding the door to the hinge or is there an easier way to dismantle the hinge?

Sponsored Links
Is there a little grub srcew holding the hinge plate on?? Open the door, possibly on the back of the hinge

There is a small Allen key screw which allows the face plate to come off which reveals all the screws etc that holds the door on.

Sponsored Links
That'll be the one, take all the hinge caps off, open the door slightly, put something under the door to support the weight, release all the screws, do the top hinge last... Door should then come off, be careful not to loose any parts that may fall off when you take off.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back