UPVC door hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted 2 UPVC doors before and the doors lifted on and off of the hinges.

I have a second hand UPVC door that I want to fit on the side of my Garage but this must be an older or different type as the door does not lift off the hinges.

I have put a picture of the hinge in my albums, how do I get the door off the frame?

Sponsored Links
This type of hinge doesn't allow for lifting off, but what you do is open the door and take a look at the back of the hinge, hopefully you should see a tiny grub screw which takes from memory a 3mm allen key, take this out and the hinge pin SHOULD knock upwards, remove all pins and bobs your uncle

hanks for the reply.

I opened the door and looked all around the hinge on both sides but there is no grub screw.

So I got an old screw driver and hit the 4 pins with a hammer, once they were free they came out easily.
Very pleased, thank-you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back