Another Supplementary Equipotential Bonding thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couple of remaining doubts before I finalise my bathroom supplementary bonding arrangements:-

1. Metal towel rail, metal pipes. The pipes are bonded just beneath the floor (with solder+crimp). Do i have to additionally bond the towel rail itself? or is the fact that it's connected with metal bits to the bonded metal pipes good enough?

2. My bath taps and basin taps and toilet cistern feed are all fed from the same pipes, just tees for each service. total length of pipe is about 2 metres. Pipes are copper, soldered, no plastic or anything. Is it sufficient to bond at the bath tee end, and not bond the basin pipes and toilet pipe specifically, since they're connected to the bath end by means of the copper pipe?

thanks

slip

Sponsored Links
Both correct - athough the joints should be able to be inspected. Even if soldered.

i thought soldered joints like crimped ones were exempt from the accessible for inspection rule.....

But in that case, how does an inspector who can't see them know they're (a) there and (b) soldered?

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
But in that case, how does an inspector who can't see them know they're (a) there and (b) soldered?

You could note it on the EIC

Adam_151 said:
JohnD said:

You could note it on the EIC

that's my plan. and i'll probably snap a photo of it for the LABC inspector, but the floorboard will still be liftable at the point he comes round. after he's gone, i don't really care.

thanks for the info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back