Another years' graft done..

The doors can be removed and fully dismantled. They are triple glazed and the two removable pieces from each door are put in the (over night) oven cleaning bag along with all the racks and rack supports and a bottle of cleaning solution. The body of the door is cleaned with an oven cleaning paste.
The oven and grill are continually sprayed with oven stuff then left over night.
I attack the racks the next morning with metal scourers and a drill attachment for the awkward bits. Same with the oven and grill body. The roof of the oven is the toughest bit.
The glass lamp covers are also cleaned. An area of about 2m around the sink and the oven itself also have to be cleaned afterwards.
All in all about 6 hours work to dismantle, soak, clean and re-assemble. I wreck two pairs of rubber gloves in the process, usually down to handling the drill.

How much do you charge her?

Sponsored Links
I used 0000 Grade wire wool before, this won’t scratch glass.

Don't bother cleaning the glass. Just leave the oven doors open, get your mate to burst in the back door et voila! Dirty glass dealt with. Can't believe you designed that TBH. Some spotty guy at Howdens? LOL.

Sponsored Links
Don't bother cleaning the glass. Just leave the oven doors open, get your mate to burst in the back door et voila! Dirty glass dealt with. Can't believe you designed that TBH. Some spotty guy at Howdens? LOL.
That back door has been smashed once - but by burglars. The alternatives were worse m-itch else I would have changed it. I once spent £££ moving a loo over 5" just because I hate pinch points.

Manky people boasting it takes a day to clean their cooker most people would be embarrassed not broadcasting it

That back door has been smashed once - but by burglars. The alternatives were worse m-itch else I would have changed it. I once spent £££ moving a loo over 5" just because I hate pinch points.
We had our back door open outwards for similar reasons, the space outside is less important than inside.
Did mean we needed one of those regulator/closers as it's a full 8 foot high and proportionally wide but it's worth considering next time.
On the other hand our neighbours have an outward opening front door and that's weird when you knock and then it's like you're letting them out rather than the other way round, so I wouldn't do it on a front door.

Manky people boasting it takes a day to clean their cooker most people would be embarrassed not broadcasting it
Most people who have cleaning embarrassment would discuss it with their therapist not broadcasting it

Most people who have cleaning embarrassment would discuss it with their therapist not broadcasting it
After working on manky cookers like this i would ask for some washing up liquid not for my hands but to wash my tools before putting them away

That’s what I say about the unvaccinated - dirty lurgy spreaders.

That’s what I say about the unvaccinated - dirty lurgy spreaders.
showing your serious lack of education and also all those memory lapses you claim to have about not saying stuff

Sponsored Links
Back