Anti condensation box section roofing sheets, any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im wondering if these do what they say they do. The seller said they only work in buildings with adequate ventilation which seems like a good get out clause maybe. Anyhow I was going to go with this stuff for a garage roof. The rafters and noggins are in place. I was going to put a dpm sheet inbetween the roof frame and the roofing sheets but not sure if this would ruin the anti condensation properties or enhance it.

Any thoughts?

Thankyou in advance

Sponsored Links
Anti-condensation will be insulation of some sort, and it will work if properly designed and thick enough. And yes ventilation is also a factor rather than a get out clause.

You could do this yourself, but condensation in an unheated garage will always occur

Thanks for the advice Woody. If it helps to reduce the condensation then I think its worth it in the long run. I shall be storing old cars in there so if I can reduce the moisture it will be better. Its only an extra 100-200 for the anti condensation backing so I think i'll go for it as i'll only regret it 5years down the line if i dont.

I have read about the DIY foam backed sheets and it apparently needs to be 4mm or thicker foam for our climate. I bought some via ebay from germany and have it ready to add to another outbuilding using some contact adhesive. Although as a kid building airfix models and stuff I remember solvent based glue tended to melt through foam and polystyrene so will have to test a bit before I get going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back