Anti cycling

Sponsored Links
Is it not when Plumbers and heating engineers are trying to get home late on friday night stuck in traffic and some lycra wearing suited Toff jumps the red light sticking his fingers up at you.

Is it not when Plumbers and heating engineers are trying to get home late on friday night stuck in traffic and some lycra wearing suited Toff jumps the red light sticking his fingers up at you.
That's really unhelpful :rolleyes:

I thought I would get a sensible answer here but obviously I'll have to look else where :mad:

Sponsored Links
I know this is an old thread but I have the same question.

When/why do boilers go into anticycling mode?
My understanding is it happens when the return temp is too close to the flow temp. (i.e. not enough of a differential between the two flow temps)

Is that right or is it far more complicated than that?

I take it boiler set point is different to flow temp?

So I thought when flow temp reaches the setpoint (and there is still call for heat), the boiler simply goes into condensing mode?

Dew point!! More jargon!! I'm looking that up now!!

Is there a glossary somewhere that lists all these buzz words and describes how boiler controls operate?

Their not buzz words. They're names for actual things in boiler control strategy and combustion theory.

Dew point is to do with the temperature water condensing back to liquid from flue gases - varies depending on many things.

There is no "mode" that switches condensing on and off.

There is no single glossary for this stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back