Anti-vibration mounts/washers for motorbike 'dash-cam'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I think this is the right section as it is regarding a camera (audio/visual). I have recently installed an Innovv C5 dash cam on motorbike. However, the foam washers they provide as part of the bracket assembly dont seem to offer enough 'anti-vibration' for my rather hard suspension setup and any videos i record are really shaky. I am trying to find some washers to replace the ones they have provided which will be far better at limiting vibrations; I am guessing some made from perhaps silicone or another soft material may be better. I think the bolts they go over are M5/M6; so wonder if anyone could offer a clue as to where to get what i need? The silicone ones i have found are for PC builds and are for the tiny screw used within; so no use to me. I also considered a dedicated anti-vibration mount but really not sure where to begin! Any helps guys and gals?

Cheers

Ash

Sponsored Links
I’ve had a GoPro on a couple of my bikes and it’s not so much the mounting bracket that gave the problem, it was more dependant on what you fixed the mounting bracket to. On my FJR, I fixed it on the nosecone between the headlamps which felt pretty firm but was bloody useless and gave a terrible picture until I ran a bead of clear silicone in the gap between the nosecone and the headlamps. Result - no more vibration as the headlights are solidly mounted and this firmed up the nosecone and stopped the movement.

I’ve had a GoPro on a couple of my bikes and it’s not so much the mounting bracket that gave the problem, it was more dependant on what you fixed the mounting bracket to. On my FJR, I fixed it on the nosecone between the headlamps which felt pretty firm but was bloody useless and gave a terrible picture until I ran a bead of clear silicone in the gap between the nosecone and the headlamps. Result - no more vibration as the headlights are solidly mounted and this firmed up the nosecone and stopped the movement.

Thanks for the reply on this. I think it might be an option to try a few different locations for mounting it and see if it inproves. Got it mounted on a large heat sink, under the TFT display, it's on a Triumph Street Triple RS 765, perfect location, shame about the vibes

I've run cameras on the race bikes before, always fixed to the fairings & always given acceptable picture (POV sometimes a bit off but little or no vibration). You may find the mount you're using is designed for pushbikes not motorbikes- mine were rigidly fixed to the fairings (scrutineers required it)

Sponsored Links
Cam best fixed to helmet , your head can steady the image better than bracket attached to bike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back