any 22mm garden tap?

Sponsored Links
It seems to me that what you want is a 3/4 bibcock and a 3/4 wall plate elbow. But most, if not all, garden hose fittings are 1/2". So, why not just do it in 1/2"?
having the option, I am simply trying to have a maximised flow for as long as possible in the water chain.

Again, can you get a 22mm hose?
So many options in this modern world!

We used to use 22mm/3/4" rubber pipe in work but don't know where they got it from.
Obviously it won't take any standard garden watering fittings but if it's just to fill a pool then you can leave it open ended.
You could then possibly get a threaded reducer fitting to allow 'normal' 1/2" hose and fittings to be attached.

Sponsored Links
I have just done this, it is quite straightforward with the 22mm to ¾ wall plate. Available on eBay are kits for this with or without double check valves.

What is important to note is that the ¾ ‘farm yard’ taps have a ⅞ threaded connector on the outlet. In order to use a 19mm hose, you can either use the supplied barbed fitting, use Geka brass fittings to convert to 1” or ¾ BSP, or just stick with the Geka fittings for all your hose fittings as they are about £3 each and have a large bore. They also sell a ¾ barbed Geka fitting for the 19mm hose.

I have the ¾ hose from Toolstation and it works great.

Also, timed 15 seconds to fill a builders bucket direct from the tap.

TonyJr

I have just done this, it is quite straightforward with the 22mm to ¾ wall plate. Available on eBay are kits for this with or without double check valves.

What is important to note is that the ¾ ‘farm yard’ taps have a ⅞ threaded connector on the outlet. In order to use a 19mm hose, you can either use the supplied barbed fitting, use Geka brass fittings to convert to 1” or ¾ BSP, or just stick with the Geka fittings for all your hose fittings as they are about £3 each and have a large bore. They also sell a ¾ barbed Geka fitting for the 19mm hose.

I have the ¾ hose from Toolstation and it works great.

Also, timed 15 seconds to fill a builders bucket direct from the tap.

TonyJr
I have an outlet with what looks like a 3" bore. It needs an extra-big tapered key.

I have no hose in that size, but a screw-on adaptor and short standpipe with a tap on the end.

Thanks all really for the inputs.
In the end I bought the 3/4 tap from TS so I could connect it straight to the 22mm water feed from the mains.
Didn't want to invest in 22mm hoses and accessories just yet, so I bought a 1/2 inch male threaded connector, sawn off the threaded bit, made it all nice, round and smooth, unscrewed the 3/4 hose connector from the bib tap and put in a grommet and screwed back in my customised 1/2 inch male threaded connector, jobs a good'un!

Can also boast an impressive 15 secs or so to fill a builder's bucket! :ROFLMAO:

thanks for confirming John, appreciated. Would have been gutted to do all the work in 15mm to then discover in some dark corner of the web that 22mm tap bib kits do exist!
Perseverance.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back