Any Alternatives to Supalux Fire Board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For my loft conversion my architect has specified 9mm supalux for fire protection on one of the dormer cheeks. It’s expensive stuff and annoyingly I need just over 2 sheets so will have to order 3.. Are there any alternatives I can use or do you just need to bite the bullet and cough up as it looks like they have the monopoly on the market?

Also I’m sure I read in another post on here that the external tiles (I am using natural slate) on the dormer cheeks will be sufficient for the fire proofing? Is that right or am I making that up? (I Can’t seem to find the post.)

Sponsored Links
Masterboard, or look for a magnesium oxide board which are generally around £30 or so - in the case of MgO boards, check the certification and quality assurances.

In ether case , check that alternatives are suitable for the design use, or if modifications to th design are required.

Slate or tile on its own, wont resist external fire spread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back