Any bathroom planners on here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice on a layout.

Have knocked a dividing wall down in bathroom to give more space, and we hoped we could fit a shower in.

Below is a plan of what I feel is the best for space, but not sure if it will still be a little cramped around the WC area. I was advised to leave 200mm either side of a basin or WC and allow up to 600mm in front of WC, in this layout it is short of that at 450mm, which could be gained if I moved the basin closer to bath.

With the WC pointing out same as basin then legroom was as close as 300mm due to the shower curve.

I haven't bought a shower yet as we still hadn't decided if there was enough room. Just after some advice/thoughts really.

The drawing is not perfectly to scale, but close enough, measurements in mm

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2922/bathroomlq8.png

Sponsored Links
Just a thought..........
Put a stud wall across the corner in place of the boxing round the soil pipe, with the WC backing onto it, and pointing out into the room at an angle...... You might find enough space for a concealed cistern behind the studwork, so reducing the projection into the room of the pan as well.....

I found an accurate scale drawing and paper cutouts taking into account the true shape and curves of the basin, WC etc. that I could shuffle around it helped a lot when I was considering a similar plan.

I did think that, but not sure if it would look odd, and maybe not gain a lot.

I too have done a scale plan with scale cutouts to shuffle around and that is how I came to that conclusion above.

The more I think about it, I think it will be too cramped with a shower in. Great shame as I would like one but without it does allow more room for some nice mirror/storage solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back