quoting for bathroom work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm buying a house with a small bathroom (planning a future WC downstairs) and I wanted some opinions on my re-doing quote.

There is a lot of work involved, all the bathroom will be redone, it is 2.20m x 1.80m and there is just enough space to fit a small washbasin and a nice toilet next to it. The bathtub will probably be a shower tub with round glass.

Because I'm swapping the position of the toilet/basin the plumber will change the cast iron soil pipe to plastic externally to reconnect.

The pressure is low (vented system) and I was planning on installing a pump - although after some suggestions here I am thinking whether it's possible to switch to unvented cylinder with an expansion vessel. This is not discussed in the cost.

The builder is asking for £5000 labour to do the entire bathroom and change the ceiling which is concave plasterboard to a flat one with spot lights. He is also asking for another £1200 to do all the pipework and the pump.

The tiles, bathtub, toilet, basin, mixers are not included in the price. I thought it is a bit expensive but there is a lot of work involved. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Try getting some quotes from bathroom installers rather than a builder. It does seem a bit high to me but its difficult to say without seeing it. If you are in London it will be higher of course.

Sorry, he is a bathroom installer and a recommended one. I wrote builder by mistake and yes it is in near London.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back