Any combis beefy enough for two showers?

Any particular reason why you want a combi?

You should look at an unvented system that way you can still have immersion back up just incase a fault occurs.

6xx series valliant are well regarded if you go down that route.

In my opinion a big combi should do ok with 2 showers going.

Sponsored Links

Hiya,

I think a combi appeals as it would be a cheap way of getting rid of the tanks etc. in the loft without the expense of replacing cylinders etc.

Obviously that's only any good if the performance is up to it though.

Cheers,

Andy

Hiya,

I think a combi appeals as it would be a cheap way of getting rid of the tanks etc. in the loft without the expense of replacing cylinders etc.

Obviously that's only any good if the performance is up to it though.

Cheers,

Andy

Want a two bathroom combi? They are there.

Sponsored Links
Oh no!!! A potential bomb and an annual service charge for the privilege of storing this TNT. .

Could you tell me how many of these "Bombs" have gone off in the UK. The only one I can find is a rigged one on youtube.

andy- i have never fitted a boiler in my life bar my own. i am however a repair engineer for a large company and in the 10 years ive been working have never seen a broag in anyones house. speaking to colleagues who've worked in and out of the company niehter have they. worcester and vaillant however are common as muck. my point being that you may wish to choose the more common boiler as you have a better chance of repair when/if it goes wrong.
my person al choice would be a worcester combi, probly not enough to run 2 showers at the same time and in all honesty i cant think of any combis that would to any satisfaction. my greenstar 35 has a 22mm cold mains supply and rockin pressure but i still feel a dip when a taps run or toilets flushed. not enough to affect the shower temp but you do notice it.
however how often do you think you will be running both showers at the same time? not often i'd guess. still go for a combi though for the space saving and unlmited water.

Oh no!!! A potential bomb and an annual service charge for the privilege of storing this TNT. .

Could you tell me how many of these "Bombs" have gone off in the UK. The only one I can find is a rigged one on youtube.

Do you want to see bodies first? Any intelligent engineer can see a great problem with these devices. Once the install base is large and old expect to see the odd kaboom. Especially the poorly fitted and not service versions.

The Titanic wasn't supposed to sink either.

Any reason why he should not when is meets his requirements?

You should look at an unvented system that way you can still have immersion back up just incase a fault occurs.

Oh no!!! A potential bomb and an annual service charge for the privilege of storing this TNT. An in-line electric instant heater can be fitted.

Any reason why a boiler and cylinder won't meet his needs?

Potential bomb? You been watching mythbusters? Combi boilers have exactly the same safety features as unvented cylinders. Why are you advocating them?

Inline electric heaters will allow you wash your hands and face, not have a shower.

Gas boilers need a service every year also. Whats your point?

Do you want to see bodies first? Any intelligent engineer can see a great problem with these devices. Once the install base is large and old expect to see the odd kaboom. Especially the poorly fitted and not service versions.

The Titanic wasn't supposed to sink either.

That doesn't answer my question :rolleyes:

You are constantly falsely claiming unvented cylinders are potential bombs. Now other than a few youtube vidio's of rigged cylinder explosions, where is your evidence to back up your claims, if you have it, I'll freely admit to being wrong.

ooo! ooo! ooo! me! me! me!

i bet he replies with a totally irrelevent answer involving idots and bathroom fitters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back