Any expert advice appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I see on observation and recommendation " Overcurrent Protection Missing on circuit 2 and 3"
I see that no. 2 is Immersion point protected by 15 A BS 3036 for which none of the R1+ R2 or just the R2 has been filled. It hasn't even got a polarity tick.
Number 3 is Lights with no cpc connected in the CU. This has a polarity tick.
How do you think this problem can be easily explained in easy words and how to solve them.

If I see there is 10mm earth going somewhere but the sto tap for water and the earth attached to it is not possible. The Inspector writes " No Equipotential Bonding Present to water supply" Does this mean we noe use another wire and attach it to the part of pipe we see appearing from under the floor boards?

What does "No labelling on cunsumer Unit mean?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi, where are you reading this from, is it following a periodic inspection, or on an electrical installation or minor works certificate. Or is it written on some other document?

Purley a guesswork response, I'm sure the pro's will have better ideas.

I_spark said:

Hello.

Overcurrent Protection Missing on circuit 2 and 3

Fuse carriers for circuits 2 & 3 have nails in them?
Circuits 2 & 3 are connected directly to tails via henly or a unfused switch?
Circuits are on an RCD circuit but are not protected by an MCB?
Wires are connected to the busbar side of MCB/Fuse?
Some other insane madness?

I see that no. 2 is Immersion point protected by 15 A BS 3036 for which none of the R1+ R2 or just the R2 has been filled. It hasn't even got a polarity tick.

Can't see the question or by no. 2 do you mean circuit 2 in which case this contradicts what you have said above?

Number 3 is Lights with no cpc connected in the CU. This has a polarity tick. How do you think this problem can be easily explained in easy words and how to solve them.

There is no earth to the lighting circuit. Connect the CPC in the consumer unit and at each light and lightswitch.

If I see there is 10mm earth going somewhere but the sto tap for water and the earth attached to it is not possible. The Inspector writes " No Equipotential Bonding Present to water supply" Does this mean we noe use another wire and attach it to the part of pipe we see appearing from under the floor boards?

There is tons of info on the forums and in the wiki about MEB which go into great detail on how it should be performed.

The circuits are not identified? i.e. 1 for lights, 2 for downstairs sockets etc. Main switch not marked? RCD test procedure not shown?[/quote]

If your unclear on any aspect of the PIR, the person who performed it should be able to explain?

Sponsored Links
wiggles said:
The circuits are not identified? i.e. 1 for lights, 2 for downstairs sockets etc. Main switch not marked? RCD test procedure not shown?

I ft this is a PIR, there should be a Schedule of Test Results sheet attached.
This will details each circuit and what it does.
In the PIR he has said that there is no documentation or detail of circuits on the fuseboard. You now have that info from the PIR so that is one out of the way!

Hello,
I see on observation and recommendation " Overcurrent Protection Missing on circuit 2 and 3"
Number 3 is Lights with no cpc connected in the CU. This has a polarity tick.
How do you think this problem can be easily explained in easy words and how to solve them.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Hello,
If a lighting circuit has been installed without a cpc in the CU.
But everywhere else in every switch and light there is a cpc.
Would it be alright to add a 2.5mm cpc in the CU and runnit to any switch or light?
Because I tried it with a wonder lead and I am getting a Zs on the lights.
Thanks in advance.

1st and 2nd post strange?.
1st post sounds like a costumer looking for more info, but 2nd post tested for zs.
if you have test equipment and know how to use why are you asking about a pir?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back