any glow worm engineers out there?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I recently read a concise and accurate list of common faults on Viessman boilers, on this forum.

Is there a Glow Worm engineer who could give a similar list of common faults on Glow Worm boilers? Particulary interested in the Hxi, and Sxi, from the Ultracom range.

I am just doing some research and trying to further my knowledge of boilers.

I get the impression that Vailant boilers are highly recommended by the Installers on this forum. Is that so?

Sponsored Links
The Ultracom range is very reliable on the whole, no major common faults to report of (they were all ironed out on the previous models) but I will say that setting up the CO2 with a fga and adjusting the ch (d 0) output to the size of system is benefical as is cleaning the system and fitting a magnaclean/boiler buddy/spirovent. They share some components with the Vaillant ecotecs (the 400 being very similar to a hxi) and are very good value imho.

I still think the HXi is the old Ecomax Pro re-badged, whilst the 400 series just has modified electronics/diagnostics.

Sponsored Links
I still think the HXi is the old Ecomax Pro re-badged, whilst the 400 series just has modified electronics/diagnostics.

the hxi was out years before the ecomax pro but otherwise you are spot on. It's a marketing exercise nowt else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back