Any Good Alpha Guys About?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was at an alpha cd25x very briefly this evening. Running away lovely on CH but when called for HW the burner went out.

Given that it was only 3 weeks old i was dubious about the quality of the installation and checked the plate HEX but was fine.

Little bit more investigating and it was flashing up flame failure problem, not overheat. It would kick in for mebey 5 seconds or so then it seemed like the fan would speed up and the flame would extingush.

Little bit stumped here guys so any informed advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
is it dropping out on the APS?
if it is fairly new make sure the flue is 100%

been to loads of new installs that drop out the APS because flue seals have been incorrectly pushed together

the fault might only show on HW as fan is working harder!

If it is easy enough to take flue apart i would make sure that all seals are correct!

and check instructions to make sure that flue has correct size of restrictor ring!

i am not an Alpha expert but as i said i have seen this loads before on new installs when installer has poorly installed the flue.

Sponsored Links
ok cheers mate, i am goin back first thing so aps/ flue will be first port of call.
Was goin to pick up an NTC before i went but as i say, seeing as it is so new it would be more logical to assume an installation fault.

Cheers

Why not just call the manufacturer for a warranty call out?

I agree with tony this should be under warranty and they will fix FOC, as long as it has been installed correctly.

Has all the paper work been filed in correctly??

Regards

Something odd here!

Why were you called to a boiler only three weeks old?

Why didn't they call back the installer?

Tony

We are a service agent for alpha but as the usual alpha guy is on holiday i was sent instead. Got there first thing this morning and the customer had taken away all the pipebox etc etc and was quite surprised to find a nice bit of 12mm!!!!

Outcome, woefully inadequate working pressure, only evident when HW is called as obv requires more gas. Looked up the corgi website to find this installer and discovered he was not even LPG registered!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back