Any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My darling daughter has been posting CD's down a small gap between her window and window sill. We've got the sill off and can see the discs but they are too far down to reach with the hand. We've tried a long handled gripper and got some out using that but the rest are too close to the wall. Any ideas as there's about £100 worth of discs down there.

Sponsored Links
trunking lid (or anything thin) with sticky tape stuck to it (obviously you have to stick the tape on the wrong way round with more stick tape)

you own the cds so why not either download or copy the same ones from friends? Might be easier than fishing out the originals , which may be badly scratched anyway.

Try a long piece of wire with a very small 90 degree kink at the end, so to "hook" the cd by the hole in the centre, imagine the spoke off a bike wheel, bend the hub end round by a few mm and this should do the trick, its worked for me in the past when the terrors have dropped things down road drains etc

Sponsored Links
Leave them there - it will teach her a valuble lesson about the correct way to treat posessions; and also save you many hours of listening to Westlife, ricky martin, britany spears et al :evil:

have you not herd of an i-pod out your way yet,you must get out more.

If CDs are badly scratched you can restore them by polishing with T-Cut. Make sure all T-Cut is cleaned off before putting in a player!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back