Any installers of heat pumps, solar, electric heating etc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I posted a few weeks ago asking if any installers who work in new build housing would be willing to answer some questions for my dissertation research for my building surveying degree. My dissertation topic is about government proposals to ban gas boilers in new builds from 2025 and how feasible it was etc.

I’ve posted this in the combustion chamber forum for gas engineers but I’d also be grateful if anyone who installs low carbon heating systems could spare 2 minutes to take my survey?

I would be incredibly grateful if any of you guys could take my short survey posted below and give your input on the proposals and the most likely low carbon replacements for gas boilers such as heat pumps, solar etc. The survey is a tick box type so no need for any lengthy typing etc!

All the responses are anonymous and will be treated in the strictest confidence. No names will be used in the final dissertation, just the results of the survey and the analysis will be included.

Please follow the link below to take the survey, it will hopefully only take a couple of minutes of your time. I would be incredibly grateful to anyone who helps me out, please post below if you've managed to complete the survey so I can thank you all!

LINK - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/G7K7KL3

Thanks again

Paul

Sponsored Links
There are practically no energy losses carrying gas to be burnt where heat / energy is needed ( in the home )
There are signifcant losses of energy when electrical engery is transmitted along the national supply network from generation site to end user ( in the home ).

August 2019 friends of a friend were cock a hoop about the state of the art Air Source heat pump heating and hot water system that had just been installed.

January 2020 they have been buring logs in their log burner, not for visual effect but to keep the house warm when the system's outdoor unit ices up and has to be defrosted,

There are practically no energy losses carrying gas to be burnt where heat / energy is needed ( in the home )
There are signifcant losses of energy when electrical engery is transmitted along the national supply network from generation site to end user ( in the home ).

August 2019 friends of a friend were cock a hoop about the state of the art Air Source heat pump heating and hot water system that had just been installed.

January 2020 they have been buring logs in their log burner, not for visual effect but to keep the house warm when the system's outdoor unit ices up and has to be defrosted,
Sounds like it's been mis-specced

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back