Any kitchen fitters on here? Problem with corner cabinet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've had this problem before which was solved but it has returned and cannot be fixed now.

Basically I have a corner unit with a pull out door which pulls out 2 sets of metal shelves. Once the door is pushed back in its supposed to stay in place but it now rolls forward so we've having to keep it wedged in place with a piece of card taped to the top edge of the door.

I have attached some pictures below. The first picture shows how the spring should be in place. The first time this problem happened last year I solved it by pulling the spring back to how it is shown in picture 1. However, now the spring falls back to how it is shown in picture 2. This happens when the door is closed back. I have removed the damping mechanism shown in picture 3 to no avail.

I'm not sure why there is a channel for the spring end to slide down but I know it has to stay in that extended state for the door to stay closed.

Can this be solved easily? The kitchen units were installed about 6 years go.

This is how the catch should look for the door to close and stay closed:
Catch2.jpg

This is what happens to the spring when the door is closed now - it springs back:
Catch1.jpg

Another pic showing the damper in white:
Catch3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
well i would be thinking around the plastic latching system ???
worth a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back