ikea corner unit fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, I'm about to start fitting my ikea kitchen base units i have built the units up and was wondering, i have 2 120 base corner units to fit and i can't figure out how they fit next to the other units as the corner piece looks just like a filler piece and not a corner post that matches the the door fronts and if i just butt them up to each other it looks like the doors won't open /close as there to close
can anyone shed some light
do i have to buy corner posts separate as i cannot find them on the ikea website
cheers

Sponsored Links
Best of luck installing your Ikea kitchen. No service void behind base and wall units. Pipe runs etc need careful planning. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
think i have sorted the problem you only need the filler piece if your fitting a drawer cabinet next to it for handle clearance as the blank that fits to one side of the corner base is double thickness and the doors are hinged on the corner side
as for no void space all plumbing has been moved to plinth level inc my stop tap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back