Kitchen Corner Units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Having ordered a new kitchen two weeks ago but only just got round to starting to fit it, I have realised I have made an error in not ordering corner floor units. :oops: Instead i just ordered 2 standard units.

So instead of having a 900mm corner unit on each side with a single door that would open into a double cupboard with an accessable space in the corners, I will have a dead space.

I would just send these back and order the correct units but delivery was £275 due to us being outside their normal delivery area so I am wondering if it is possible for me to just use those units, we will lose some space but we can live with it.

I don't really want to unpackage the units if they are not usable as it will be impossible to return them even if I do pay the delivery.

I am assuming I would just fix those units to the wall spaced so the corners meet and then fit the worktop to cover the void.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
Guess I could order a unit (minus door) from Howdens and hope the colour is similer?

the stuff in the far corner you will probably never see again

it is very awkward to get at even if you do buy a corner unit.

Hi,

Yep thats what we figured - it was more a worry that when we start putting all this together we find that not having a proper corner unit makes things a lot more difficult or effects the set up of the other units - but it sounds like we just position them at 90 degrees and work out from there.

The only other issue is that the standard sink unit we did order is only 500mm which limits the sink choice to a single sink - again i suppose its possible to alter the unit to allow a longer sink unit.

Just dont want to start cutting up new units!!

Tim

Sponsored Links
I much prefer a 1000 unit for a sink

But if you fasten two 500's together using the plastic screws you can cut a chunk out of the dividing wall to let your double or sink-and-a-half fit on. I use a mains powered jigsaw with a TCT blade. The cut will not show later. Try to leave a web front and back

Use plenty of screws to make a rigid assembly and remember to allow for the plumbing.

Thanks - that makes sense.

I am just annoyed I made such a school boy mistake when ordering...!

The sink unit is the only one on that wall, it will have a washing machine to the left and what would have been the corner of the corner unit on the right willnow just be a void - so we should be able to "modify" the unit to allow the sink to extend into and over the void if necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back