Any one done DIY Tennis Court?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Anyone tried to build a DIY grass tennis court..?

I started process last year, its getting better but still not getting the bounce. Also bounce is not even. It's slowly getting better. But still long way to go to get to Wimbledon level..o_O

I recently got a heavy lawn roller and getting to reduce uneven surface. Hard work with roller is going on . Any other tips from anyone her..?

See some photos.
ground1.jpeg
ground3.jpeg

ground3.jpeg
ground3.jpeg

Attachments

• ground2.jpeg
    ground2.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
Tennis court lawns aren't merely shoehorned onto bits of conveniently flattish looking bits of lawn, they're designed from the base up, so your bit of garden lawn will always be just that.

Yes understood, you mean need to have strength under the grass to get bounce etc.
I am sure I can't get Wimbledon level but hope if I try my best with my roller I can get this to bearable playing state matching the level of players using this court..Thanks

I say old bean, just the the Groundsman to do it.
What ho!

:) :)

Sponsored Links
Might be easier to take up a different sport. Have you considered petanque? Can play it on just about any flat bit of ground.

I'd get some fine top soil, and a large rake, and gradually fill any slight holes and then re seed or let the grass growth through.

Alternatively, remove the grass, level and get some turf

A little more work and it will be perfect for Croquet.

V3 of tennis court looks much better on one side that i worked. Still scope for improvement but really happy with results as you can see in the pics. real difference with the other side which I am going to improve now. Comparing with old pics its great improvements

see the first picture of this thread to see how this side was a month ago:)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 11.27.45 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 11.27.45 PM.jpeg
    746.9 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 11.27.28 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 11.27.28 PM.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 44
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 11.27.17 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 11.27.17 PM.jpeg
    654.6 KB · Views: 36

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back