Any Painters and Decorators out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just had our hallway and landing painted (white), and the chaulking in my view, is horrendous! Can any professional painters and decorators out there take a look at the photos in my "Chaulking" album, I just want to know if I'm being unreasonable... Is this an acceptable quality finish? I expected much neater and straighter edges.

Thanks in advance...

Cheshire Homeowner

Sponsored Links
I echo your comments.

As a DIY'r I would do a better job than that myself - if I was paying for it I would not be accepting it & retaining payment until it is corrected.

not just the caulking, look at the brush strokes on the wall

Sponsored Links
I echo your comments.

As a DIY'r I would do a better job than that myself - if I was paying for it I would not be accepting it & retaining payment until it is corrected.

So would I (in fact have done). Decorating is not rocket science, it's simply a case of having a modicum of skill and knowing how to use your materials. That caulking is simply not acceptable. Clearly the person who did this doesn't know how to caulk.

Unfortunately the Supply of Goods and Services Act indicates that you need to give them a chance to put it right, which is unfortunate, as the general standard of the painting in those pictures suggests that they're not going to be able to.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/brighton-hove/con1item.cgi?file=*adv0015-1011.txt

Possibly if you could get them to come and look at it and agree that it's sub-standard (perhaps with a competent decorator, DIY or professional, there for moral support) you might be able to come to an arrangement with them.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back