Painter/Decorator - good or bad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wanted someones opinion about a job my landlord had done. It was to paint a one bedroom flat including prep,cracks,woodwork - all white.

Firstly, it took the painter and another painter that worked on and off 3.5 weeks to do the job. Left all of their stuff (dust sheets, hoovers, lights, everything) in my living room throughout that whole time.

Dust absolutely everywhere. I'd clean one room and two days later, as much dust as before so i believe they weren't using an extractor. I was asked to move all of the furniture and everything and to hoover so she could paint between rooms.

Above all, she attended another client one day during the second last week.

Is this normal behavior for a professional trade decorator?

Any advice is very helpful.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As a painter myself I would never leave my tools behind unless I asked first.
As for leaving the job to do another, this can happen but you would pre arrange these circumstances before hand.
Moving furniture would be charged in the price if the client wasn't prepared to do it themselves, so probably your landlord agreed to move furniture without your prior knowledge.
Was they using a sander by any chance?

Problem is that you don't know what the landlord agreed, and you aren't the client

The decorator might have suggested a much lower price /landlord negotiated one based on a "come and go" arrangement between other jobs. It doesn't sound fair as you have not had " exclusive enjoyment" of the flat while the works went on and had to clean it while paying (full?) rent

Sponsored Links
Back