Any problems with this loft light set up?

Edge to edge it's just under 10m x 9m.

About half of it is boarded at the moment (by the previous owner), so I'm going to finish doing that and then use it for storage around the edges and as a sort of mini workshop in the middle - nothing major just for other bits of DIY, building PCs, that kind of stuff.

I'm starting to suspect you might be right about it being too much light, but it's mostly set up now so I may as well finish it the way I planned. ;)

Sponsored Links
This link is for lighting design software (no affiliation) probably overkill, but if you are a PC tinkerer, you might like to play with it. I wonder what suggestions it might make.

http://www.lightcalc.com/

Possibly one 6"pendant/battenholder in the middle with a 20w low energy in it!!!!!!

"Workshop" lighting tends to require a much higher light level in the working place - ie a task light, so the rest of the attic doesnt matter all that much!

I know i'm getting in depth but I've done a few lighting schemes in my time and what works in the real world of commercial lighting just needs scaling down to domestic levels!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back