Any Saniflo experts on here?

Never tried, what I do is activate the switch and flick the blades or the impeller with a screwdriver if it fires up and feels/ sounds smooth then it`s the cap. If the motor goes solid and wont rotate or there is a lot of vibration then being a sealed motor there is nothing you can do.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. So the capacitor is just for initial sartup and even if it’s knackered and buzzing/humming, giving the blades a flick with a screwdriver should get it going?

Sponsored Links
Perfecto! A buzz, a little flick and away it went. :mrgreen: Thanks a million mate. (y)(y)

Post a picture of the rubber membrane showing the large flat area and I`ll advise if it is worth changing whilst you`re at it.

normal_FEDCE979-FE95-44C5-A43C-D8E9757E982D.jpeg

normal_A5B5DC52-523D-49F9-9EF8-44C4D7B3C2FB.jpeg

Looks ok from here mate, as long as the face is smooth in the 2nd photo without any lumps/ bumps you`re be ok. Peel the remains of the sealant off the inside of it and face on the electrical chamber it fits against then use a smear of LSX or Seal X (available in most diy sheds) when you put it back together.

Top tips : Fit new capacitor and test before assembling. :sneaky: And the end nearest the micro switch on the base plate goes in the chamber first (if you look there are lugs inside the chamber and the switch must go under these or the base plate wont go fully home). Securing ring has a chamfer this must face the bottom of the tank.

Thanks for this JP... I’ve got a schit-muncher in the lodge down the end of my garden. Doesn’t get used much and last time I tried testing it (just flushing with no Waste products) it jammed and hummed, so looks like I have to go through this process now! Very hot water being first step. I’m not too concerned as I got it off a job second hand anyway and got it working before - so hopefully a new cap at worst :)

No worries.
Do the test first and if it is the cap then see what size it is before buying. Depending on age it could be 10 or 14uf.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back