Any special gas requirements for a 6burner range ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to change the kitchen and fit a 6 burner range (with electric ovens)

Is there any, like with taps and showers regarding minimum water requirements etc, a minimum gas pressure or volume ? Guy in the shop said gas is gas - only other gas appliance is an 80,000 btu boiler and wanted to be sure both on full would be ok ?

Or is gas just gas ?

Sponsored Links
Gas is gas, but you need to have the correct pressure, usually fed by a 22m pipe in domestic situations. The installer should take care of all that.

thing is, the kitchen has been designed with a range, so i need to be sure it will work, before one is ordered and fitted, if not, i'll need a re-design and a re-think

so need to know what is the "correct pressure" needed

thanks

Ask a range cooker suplier or who ever you have in mind to do the instalation.

Sponsored Links
It was the supplier that said gas is gas, and that I'll also need a 32A point for electrics. I was hoping to sort out if I could even have a range (re: any gas supply problem) before getting round to thinking of fitters.

Cant see how the supplier could make such a sweeping statement, gas supply is not unlimited and he doesn't know what other gas appliances I have.

Guess I'll have see if I can come up with any installations manuals on the web.

thanks

Hi P.S.

You probably have a U6/G4 gas meter,which will give you max 65kw/h.
So with a boiler at 80k btu approx 24kw you will have at least 30ish kw to play with and I bet your cooker is about 20kw max so it will be fine as long as it is piped correctly, size etc

Hth

i'm sure it will be fine, but no harm in doing all the ground-work before finding out that one can't be used but having had the kitchen fitted and a gap left for a range that is of no use :eek: it will be a dual fuel one so will only have 6 burners but electric ovens.

just found this, but presumes you have bought the cooker already, what if you don't have enough pressure !!!

(rangemaster toledo 110 dual fuel)
Pressure testing
The gas pressure can be measured at one of the LH
hotplate burner injectors. Lift off a burner head. Fit the
pressure gauge to the injector. Turn on the hotplate
burner and turn on and light one of the other hotplate
burners.
For Natural Gas cookers the pressure should be
20mbar.
For LP Gas cookers the pressure should be 29mbar for
Butane
37mbar for Propane.
Reassemble burner top, making sure it is reassembled
in the correct way on the burner body.

Hi

We had a Rangemaster 5 hob cooker installed. The fitter ran a seperate gas supply (22mm) from the meter just in case all 5 rings were on meaning that the boiler didn't have a sufficient supply.

cheers - looks like it'll be a five burner now

Small burner 1 x 1kW
Medium burner 2 x 1.7kW
Large burner 1 x 3kW
High / Wok burner 1 x 3.5kW

= 10.9KW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back