Range Gas Ovens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched for the supply of a 110cm Wide double range oven ALL GAS, I don't want electric ovens due to the expense of the electric to run them.
I also want a Range oven with a Glass Lifting Lid.
I have one presently but it is starting to show it's age with parts failing.
I can't find any All Gas ovens with glass lids from any manufacturer that I have found.
So the question is, do the manufacturers no longer supply all gas ovens with a lifting glass lid over the hob burners.
If anyone knows of a manufacturer that still does this design I would appreciate the Name.
It maybe that they no longer do this design for safety reason which I doubt, as mine has a safety valve in the design such that the hobs turn Off if the Glass lid is closed.

Sponsored Links
I think you have answered all your own questions. The safety valves can stick in the open position & I imagine that is why that feature is no longer available.

Thanks jj, Like you I 'think' the feature has been removed probably bt an EU directive, but I don't know it as a 'fact', hence my search for the appliance I hope to find. If it is a fact then I can stop me frustrating searches. There are that many Eu directives that I find it impossible to find it if it does exist.
Thanks for your comments.

I can't find any All Gas ovens with glass lids from any manufacturer that I have found.

When you say "oven" I think you mean "cooker."

Search for "cooker" and you will have more luck.

It took me several seconds to find this example
http://www.cannoncooking.co.uk/products/harrogate-cooker.shtml
but as I have one in my kitchen I had a head start.

This one is a 600mm cooker though. It suggests there is no ban on lids.

Here's one of their all-gas cookers
http://www.cannoncooking.co.uk/products/traditional-60cm-gas-cooker.shtml

Unsurprisingly there is also a Hotpoint
https://www.hotpoint.co.uk/large-appliances-1/cookers-3/hotpoint-ultima-hug61p-cooker-white/F062412/
because they are made in the same factory, which IIRC is owned by Indesit.

It sounds like you have been reading an anti-EU newspaper, or listening to the fake propaganda made up by people like Buffoon Johnson. Did you hear his one about children not being allowed to blow up balloons? Pure fantasy.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/23/10-best-euro-myths-from-custard-creams-to-condoms

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks JohnD.
Interesting that Hotpoint seem to do the Glass lid Cookers. Unfortunately on an initial search, they do not seem to do 110cm units and all gas but it gives me a lead for further searches. I do need 110cm as the cooker will replace an existing Rangemaster cooker and the the space into which it is fixed is 110cm and I do not want to do a complete kitchen refit. I suspect I will end up with a cooker without a glass lid.
Incidentally, I haven't been reading anti EU articles and offer the suggestion of EU interference only as a explanation for my failed searches.
Thanks for your reply, it gives me hope as it appears some manufacturers still do the Glass Lid design

Thanks JohnD. You seem to be getting the same result as my searches.
Strange really as My own view is that with the Lid closed, the cooker is more aesthetically pleasing in that it 'resembles' a worktop and as such more appealing. That is of course a personal view and many will disagree. I think I will have to accept a cooker without the glass lid.

Rangemaster manufacture 110 all gas ranges, you might struggle regarding the glass lid, they used to have a drop down glass lid model I'm not sure about now.

Thanks gasbanni, That is my problem, the Glass lid, I think all manufacturers have stopped them maybe as an EU directive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back