Any Strictly Come Dancers out there?

Dex, what the Dixon is going on?

Where are you?

Have you been banned?

I am now officially bored.....my OH is dozing off in front of CSI and I am back on the forums......he's had a go at me for being on the SCD forums this week and tonight he's got a bit of a cold and is feeling sorry for himself and expecting me to play nursey......never again, not after that nasty incident with the thermometer.

Sponsored Links
Dex, what the Dixon is going on?

Where are you?

Have you been banned?

Nah, just got a bit sick and tired of being in premod - like I said, it's a sick joke. Jumped up little squirts - honestly, give some people a bit of "power" and it goes right to their heads.

My pre mod lasted a whole week - free tonight, although it won't last long, I'm sure.

Haven't mentioned it on there as some little squirt will no doubt start triangling me again

My pre mod lasted a whole week - free tonight, although it won't last long, I'm sure.

Haven't mentioned it on there as some little squirt will no doubt start triangling me again
From The Godfather Part III: "Power wears out those who do not have it."

Enjoyed "meeting" new people on there, but ultimately the layout, the censorships and that goddamn awful three minute rule got to me.

Compared to this site, really there's no competition!

Sponsored Links

From The Godfather Part III: "Power wears out those who do not have it."

Enjoyed "meeting" new people on there, but ultimately the layout, the censorships and that goddamn awful three minute rule got to me.

Compared to this site, really there's no competition!

Dex, can you confirm that you are now Jolly Good Show in the SCD forum? I wouldn't want to be friendly to an imposter.

;)

I can indeed confirm that that is the case.

Kept an eye on it at a distance, and eventually got goaded into having a dig at some ridiculous stances

Hi Dex, and all you other guys who I just know love SCD deep down

Don't know if you've checked out the boards recently......Host Ian's been replaced with Andy, who appears to be somewhat right of Atila the Hun.....basically "if you don't agree, then bugger off" seems to be the new motto.

Amusing posts/threads are being deleted left right and centre.....

I want my tv licence fee refunded please :D

Hi Lilia,

I tried to reply to your PM on IMDB but you may not have got it yet. Here's what I sent:

Hi Lilia,

I realised we weren't getting anywhere in the Judges board, because they kept deleting all our best work, so I went into the Spa and created the following, which luckily I saved on my PC before it was deleted! See if you can find where I broke any rules. Remember, this is in the Fans' Spa, not the Judges board:-

"A Tiny Corner For The Disaffected"

This discussion has been closed.
Message 1. Posted by BiPolarMe (U14145500) on Wednesday, 7th October 2009 (43 Minutes Ago)

Please, only post here if you are one of the dissatisfied customers whose thoughts and opinions are apparently unwelcome elsewhere.

This is a place for those of us who are unhappy about this year's choice of judges, the way the boards are managed/moderated, or wish to share their humorous verse without being censored.

Please, everyone, remember to keep all posts GENERAL and NON-SPECIFIC. Don't name any individuals, or they'll get you for libel. Don't say anything that goes beyond fair comment. And don't be surprised if this thread gets closed-down anyway! LOL

I'll try again to post my little poem, since I'm still rather pleased with it, despite it receiving a less than enthusiastic response from the hosts!

Let's try and keep this one alive, guys. We pay the license fee too, and we're entitled to an opinion and a voice.

*clears throat*

O, poor lemons, thee,
How bitter must your juices be!
Dost not the choicest jest abate,
Thy lemon-tainted words of hate?
And what of sweetness, may I ask,
When each and every bitter task,
Is laced with bile and noisome reek,
Each time you hear our corner speak?
Of we, it can be fairly said,
That when we jest, it's oft misread.
Our thoughts committed to the page,
Are frequently the cause for rage.
Yet ever have we lent our quill,
To verses meant for good, not ill.
Please set aside thy citric gall,
And join the fun for one and all!

Message 2. Posted by BiPolarMe (U14145500) on Wednesday, 7th October 2009 (28 Minutes Ago)

It may take a while for people to find this, since its target audience mainly live in the Judges board...

So I'll give it a bump from time to time to help it along...

Hope that causes no offence to anyone.

Message 3. Posted by Sofajudge (U13261875) on Wednesday, 7th October 2009 (23 Minutes Ago)

Love the thread title, love the poem!

I will no doubt be forced to join you shortly.

Message 4. Posted by Strictly_Host09 (U14107885) on Wednesday, 7th October 2009 (2 Minutes Ago)

Hello all,

We are closing this thread as we indicated we would when the last one was closed.

Can I please remind you of the BBC's Terms and Conditions:

* Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
* No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
* No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
* Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant bbc.co.uk community.
* No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
* No advertising or promoting.
* No spoilers: material which contains plot developments which haven't been transmitted on UK television will be deleted unless submitted in a designated 'spoilers' area or marked as a 'spoiler'.
* Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
* No impersonation.
* No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
* URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
* Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/terms/

We aim to maintain boards that are polite, well-meaning and above all constructive - whether in praise or criticism.

Many thanks

(Andy)

So that was closed down, along with a second little thread that I posted in the Judges board just to let people know that I had moved to the Spa.

Then, about an hour later, I received a second email notifying me that the same thread (the moving to the spa one) had been removed - again!!! And I was being placed in Pre-Mod for re-posting an offensive message!

So they deleted it. Then they put it back. Then they deleted it again - and punished ME for it, even though I knew nothing about it.

Here's the contents of the thread that got deleted TWICE!

"New Thread Started in Spa... Please Join!"

Hello all ye disaffected and unhappy people! lol

I've started a new thread in the Spa, where you are invited to post your poetry, state your opinion, and generally have a voice. (Within reason!) lol

I've made every effort to ensure that it fits within the house rules, and I would ask that all contributers please help keep it open!

It's called:

A Tiny Corner For The Disaffected.

Hope to see you there. <biggrin>

I think it is clear that I am the victim of bias, censorship, and probably some sort of personal grudge from the Hosts.

So I've quit the boards. I can't take it anymore.

I hope you keep fighting the good fight, but I now believe we are living in an Orwellian totalitarian regime, and I don't have the stamina for such a fight. I'm battling two life-threatening medical conditions, and there are more important areas to expend my energies.

I hope you don't mind, but I may still PM you occasionally, just to see how the struggle progresses, and maybe feed you a few one-liners if you desire. I haven't given up on the fight entirely, but I've withdrawn from the field to nurse my wounds. Hope that doesn't make me a coward.

Anyway,

Thanks for all the laughs and support and friendship that you've shared. It's been really fun knowing you. Give my best to all the other freedom-fighters in SCD-land.

BPM xx

Ohhhhh noooooo

Really?

'Cos I had a diy question too :LOL:

Anyway, I know how popular this thread was last year with you guys on here, so I look forward to your critiques of the couples this year.........

Sponsored Links
Back