Any suggestions for how to attach a replacement LED strip light on patio?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing installation of about 20 meters of LED strip lighting on my patio steps which needs replacing, and I'd like to DIY it.

My patio steps are designed as in the picture. In blue are thepatio tiles. There's a small horizontal overhang of about 15mm, and then a small riser (I hope that's the right word?) that drops down about 90mm. The patio step is 150mm in height. The LED strip is in red; it's attached to the "ceiling" of that overhang and faces downwards.

The problem is I've no idea how the previous installer placed the light on the "ceiling" of that overhang - sticking my hand underneath I guess I've got short fingers as I can't reach the existing installation, so I'm worried if I take the existing one off I won't be able to place a new one in its place.

Can anyone recommend an appropriate way to attach this securely once the existing one is ripped off?

Screenshot 2023-03-06 104649.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back