Build Steps from Patio doors. (Damp Proof Course Issue?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Another amatuer DIYer trying to borrow a little knowledge from one of you guys...

Just moved into a place that was mid-garden renovation.

I have a patio outside my rear patio doors and there is a fair drop from door to patio. Currently there is a single course of breeze blocks topped with a non slip mat.

Looking for a more permanent solution but am worried about the DPC as building 150mm below this will still leave quite a gap to the patio door entrance.

I can imagine that this issue must have cropped up on other projects, anyone suggest a workaround?

Was thinking of making the steps out of decking and attaching this to a sleeper structure close by at the side of the patio

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Its fine for a brick step to come up to floor level. Just don't lay an entire patio that high. If you are worried, leave a small gap between the bricks of the step and the house wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back