Any tips for researching double glazing firms?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I need to get some windows in my flat replaced and I'd like to have double glazing put in. I had an estimate from Anglian - which was sky-high - and I'd like to ask a few smaller, local firms to quote. I'm in London.

I've been looking on mybuilder. Does anybody have any other recommendations for doing my research? It would be helpful to see reviews and ratings by customers.

Thanks.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Avoid the big company's.
Can you ask some friends and neighbors for recommendations?

A friend of mine had Anglian windows fitted 23 years ago, they still look brand new.

You pay for what you get.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Your friend got lucky and most likely ripped off at the same time too.

The problem with the big company's is that they sub all their fitters, They don't train or test them, Just off you go heres a house of windows to fit.

So you can end up with anybody working in your house. Also they get paid by the window (about £50 for each one) so they throw them in as quick as possible and get onto the next job.

They do whole houses in a day that I would spend a week on getting everything perfect.

They have been on Watchdog several times, Have a google for the vids.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back