Any value in old plain concrete tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm renewing my roof and the existing Redland plain concrete tiles are 50 years old and showing some wear. I wire brushed the moss and lichen off a few as I had intended re-using them, but they look awful, very patchy and grey.

Anyway, I decided it would be quicker and look better if I bought new tiles, but I need to get rid of the old ones as well. All I am thinking is that it would save me the cost of a couple of skips (there are about 7/8 thousand in all) if they were any good to anyone, reclaim yard or similar.

Even though I don't want them, I don't want to waste them or money on skips, if it turns out people have a use for them. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes there always useful. You need to find a tile reclamation yeard close by and give them a call. They will send someone round to quote. Worst case scenario they will be worth jack shyte but they may take em away for free :)

Sponsored Links
That looks like a good alternative, thanks. If my local yard isn't interested I'll give it a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back