any views on...

Mog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - does anyone have any good or bad experiences with ebuildingsupplies.co.uk ?

Having been a fan of screwfix for tools and sundries, I'm needing to do a bit of concrete slab, drainage and roofing - not the kind of stuff that gets delivered in a box.

Yes, I know I could go go round the local builders merchants, but I'm one of these people that tries to get the costs down as much as possible, so while some merchants are good on, say, timber, they're not so good on aggregates. So really, I'd like to try and "do it in one" and know what the price is.

(And also, I'm a bit of a novice, so ordering from the safe anonymity of the PC has an appeal!) :)

Cheers all, Matt.

Sponsored Links
Never used them.
Probably a 'middleman' website, whatever you order will probably get delivered by a local builders merchants. and probably cheaper than the same merchants will quote you for.

I can guess how their business model works - I suspect they've negotiated standard prices/discounts with some chains, and when you place an order with them, the "technology" probably results in a fax or email being sent to the local merchants... Hence I'm a little sceptical about the timeliness/hassle involved. As in, if it's cheap, there'll be a reason :)

There is a Selco about 20miles away - thanks for the name, hadn't heard of them.

Sponsored Links
I can guess how their business model works - I suspect they've negotiated standard prices/discounts with some chains, and when you place an order with them, the "technology" probably results in a fax or email being sent to the local merchants... Hence I'm a little sceptical about the timeliness/hassle involved. As in, if it's cheap, there'll be a reason :)

There is a Selco about 20miles away - thanks for the name, hadn't heard of them.

Selco's alright.
I did use one of these online building suppliers once, no probs at all. The service will only be as good/bad as the company they choose to supply you. Most are big chains so should be ok for standard products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back