Any working going on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spoke to a few other plumbers today and none of them have any work to do or have anything booked in.

I know it's quite at the moment but where's all the work going? :rolleyes:

Andy

Sponsored Links
Been sitting about scratching my ar*e lately, or working for my brother in totally different trade.

Where's all the work going?, I think it has evaporated...

No confidence in the UK economy, punters are more interested in Summer Holidays than new boilers, keeping money in bank for that rainy day?

Who can say with certainty, but two bathroom showrooms I do work for (or rather used to !) are not getting punters thro' their doors, and the sales reps who visit say the same, as do the delivery drivers and so on...

DH

As an eternal optimist ( i guess you need to be if Self-Employed) I try to be best I can be, and take my shoes off when entering a new property, keep the 'lady of the house' happy, and the bloke with the cheque book is happy.

Sponsored Links
Finished with the dreaded re*****st ages ago due to homeserve
taking over and not needing the subbies. :rolleyes:

Good while it lasted. ;)

Why won't Homeserve take on subbies?

If they have all of reactfast work then how can they keep up with demand and keep the customers happy? As Homeserve is doing alot of advertising.

Andy

I don't know at the time they said they had enough of their own guys
and didn't need subbies.
less things have changed have to have a look on homserves site.
reactfast still have their website, phone numbers etc but not see any vans
for ages only homeserve.

The 'Reactfast' website belongs to Homeserve. All the phone calls go straight to Homeserve. All of the Reactfast territories were bought out and all vans had to be de-signed.

It's a Homeserve monopoly.

Andy

i packed in self employed to go direct salary £34,500 4 day week in summer plus £400 a month bonus plus overtime i'd say its a £45k a year job..SE is finished

Sponsored Links
Back