anybody else using these?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went into a different merchants the other day and asked for a slotted waste and he handed me this

View media item 46195
View media item 46194
works a treat, the only down side was this one came with a rubber plug and I dont know if it comes with a better option clik clak, or even a chrome plug would be better than the cheap rubber plug.

Sponsored Links
You won't get one of them with a clickclack, because of the screw through the middle holding it together. :LOL:

Back in the day loads of local authorities used 'Five-Star' type basin wastes. I sold hundreds of them.

What with Decent Homes and housing associations taking over, they all seem to go for all-brass ones nowadays.

Most still insist on 'Five Star' type for combi bath and sink wastes, though.

Sponsored Links
Back in the day loads of local authorities used 'Five-Star' type basin wastes. I sold hundreds of them.

What with Decent Homes and housing associations taking over, they all seem to go for all-brass ones nowadays.

Most still insist on 'Five Star' type for combi bath and sink wastes, though.

Ah, quality McAlpine gear. Made in & around Glasgow. We're working in one of their factories next week. Wonderfull people & great to work for. The most inventive Pluming plastics company in the world. I've spent many happy times speaking with their R&D guys.

5 Stars are still in common use in social housing Char mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back