Anybody installed an Aztec electric boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am taking out two 9kw electric showers (on 10mm cables) and want to install TWO 9kw Aztec boilers to do the heating and hotwater for two bedsits (7 small rads).
Has anybody had a similar heating situation and can offer advice. The recommended cable is 6mm or more for the boiler. YES I know this is Plumbing and Heating but many people are multi skilled now.

Sponsored Links
A few storage heaters and a hot water cylinder with immersion heater will be far simpler and much cheaper to run.

My advice would be to remember that showers are used infrequently, whereas a heating load can be a constant.

18kw is around 78 amps. Has each bedsit got a separate meter and consumer unit?

Sponsored Links
My advice would be to remember that showers are used infrequently, whereas a heating load can be a constant.

18kw is around 78 amps. Has each bedsit got a separate meter and consumer unit?

Each room has a separate consumer unit with 16mm tails into it. These feeds are on a radial circuit. The usage would not be during the day, mornings and overnight use (business).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back