Anyone else here with a hackintosh ?

Sponsored Links
That's actually even more sad than buying a Mac.

Directions to the planet you are on please.

You cannot seriously tell me a pc is better than a mac :eek:

You do have a point though why spend over 2k on a real one ;)

The hardware sure is (assuming you buy the right stuff), and at least Windows is reasonably usable. There are better things still, though..

Sponsored Links
That's actually even more sad than buying a Mac.

Directions to the planet you are on please.

You cannot seriously tell me a pc is better than a mac :eek:

You do have a point though why spend over 2k on a real one ;)

The hardware sure is (assuming you buy the right stuff), and at least Windows is reasonably usable. There are better things still, though..

Also have Ubuntu 10.04 on my other laptop, using it now. I am not much of a windows fan after xp hence why I now run UNIX and Linux

lol I love these sorts of threads.

This is like the modern equivalent to the BBC Micro / Spectrum wars of the early 80's and the commodore / atari wars of the middle 80's and then the Nintendo / Sega Wars of late 80's etc etc

I run Windows 7 on my laptop, OSX on my Mac Mini acting as a server at home, CentOS on my Server at work and on my telephone system and have virtual machines containing virtually any other Windows / Linux OS version and flavour you can throw a stick at. The common theme? (there is one you know!)

They all serve their particular purpose very well. If any one OS did everything I wanted I would run the same one - would sure beat trying to keep myself up to date with multiple OS's all the time. Try running something on a Mac that Apple doesn't want you to... Try building a rock solid telephone system legally with old hardware and no money for an OS when using Windows... hey - I used to be a Novell fanboy, come on, you remember them don't you?

I for one would like to know , how on earth you build a Mac out of a Dell computer? I'm sure Steve Jobs would like to know, your name, address, postcode etc for the delivery of the court papers summoning you for trying to rip off Apple.

Sounds more like a Spackintosh ;) ;) ;) ;)

I for one would like to know , how on earth you build a Mac out of a Dell computer? I'm sure Steve Jobs would like to know, your name, address, postcode etc for the delivery of the court papers summoning you for trying to rip off Apple.

Quite easily, actually, and it's legal so far as I know.

As Apple and PC computers share the same architecture, the OS is loaded as per normal, difficulties result in USB driven mice/keyboards. But other than that, load it up, job done! Mac's can also do the same, and become a dual boot Mac/PC..but the CD drive becomes a problem, as it isn't ejectable (without removing the case!) - on install.

Perfectly legit to buy an OS, what computer base you install it on is up to you. Make a PC an Apple or vise versa..not difficult to do.

Sponsored Links
Back