Anyone else here with a hackintosh ?

As Apple and PC computers share the same architecture

Albeit that the Intel Mac's don't have a BIOS but use EFI instead. Hence requiring an interface layer of software / drivers between the board and the OS to have it working properly.

Having said that EFI of sorts is coming to PC's very soon now also.

Sponsored Links
As Apple and PC computers share the same architecture

Albeit that the Intel Mac's don't have a BIOS but use EFI instead. Hence requiring an interface layer of software / drivers between the board and the OS to have it working properly.

Having said that EFI of sorts is coming to PC's very soon now also.

Not sure what you are saying there? My mates mac, installed as a dual boot Mac/PC, had some issues with emergency eject of CD, but apart from that..job done, the software to do it comes with the Apple OS.

And I know of other forums, where people claim to have installed Apple OS, on PC hardware, as the OP proposes.

Thesedays, install Linux onto any OS, so as to play old Atari games, or Sega games, on a different format, the 'HOLY GRAIL' seems to be to resurrect the Archimedes A3000 game, Chocks Away. It was amazing. But because that's RISC architecure, no PC can match the speed, maybe a PS3 ? Not many games for an educational computer, so very rare. It was multi-computer at the time via a serial lead, so, online it would be great.

The Philips CDi games could be resurrected also, because many of them founded the way for the current Wii, and Xbox connext, with real video, interactive, and also internet connection...I think Philips are missing a trick in the video games market,.as they had Nintendo backing. What game has real action video, not graphics, and a remote gun to shoot characters on screen? The Wii and Xbox don't.

Sponsored Links
Back