Anyone else using USB-C testers? Just added a few to my tool box

Joined
13 Sep 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Country
United Kingdom
Been adding a few USB-C testing tools to my kit lately and finally picked up a Power-Z KM003C.

Also got an Alientek C0 with the 0A1 cable resistance module, plus a basic USB cable continuity tester.

I’ve also been messing around with a small USB-C thermal camera on my phone, mainly for checking chargers, cables and electronics for anything getting unusually hot.

Still figuring out the KM003C as there’s quite a lot it can show compared with the basic USB meters I’ve used before.

Anyone here use this sort of kit regularly? Anything worth checking first, or any useful tests you’d recommend trying?
 
Some use testers where I work.
Those round desk fitted USB points seen to blow all the time for some reason. Plugging a vacuum in pops the fuse but the usb port seem to fail and they are £90 each. Rubbish! Don't fit them now because of that. They fit standard 240v double sockets with 2 USB points as not had a problem in years.
I have a few double sockets in our house as well, but I need to swap one as 10 years old and only 1amp which is a bit slow although it's great for overnight charging I guess.

Here is what's inside.
No serviceable parts though.

Haven't used a plugin charger for years.
I'm not keen on fast chargers either as they kill battery. Seems some devices supply a fast charger but I wouldn't use.
I'd be interested in an inline usb tester though. See what they device is pulling. Could also test usb leads then.
 
Last edited:

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top