Anyone fitted a Realm Corner Bath from Victoria Plumb??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have bought and had delivered a realm corner bath from Victoria Plumb.

Anyone familiar with it or have first hand experience fitting it?

First attempt by competent DIYer but any helpful tips would be appreciated!

Firstly, the base of the bath has no wood panel attached to it. Is this normal or do I need to fit one to it?

The only sides with batons fixed to the underside are the side edges that fix to the wall. Are these to help fix bath to wall?

Do I need to construct a frame to support the front of the bath?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't have thought any self-respecting tradesman (or even a competent DIYer) would buy anything that cheap and nasty. No baseboard? No wonder it only has a one year warranty, I doubt it'll last much longer than that before someone ends up going through it. For the princely sum of £8 more I could have got you something very similar with a 25 year warranty. You'd better be good at fibreglassing if you want to attach a baseboard to it, as glassing one in is really the only effective way of doing it, simply gluing one into place isn't really going to help much, unless you create some sort of solid timber frame support structure underneath it to stop the whole lot separating again.

The batons are either for screwing legs to (did it come with legs?) or some vague attempt to improve the rigidity of the bath. Don't try to screw into them though, you should attach battens to the wall then sit the bath on them.

As for supporting the front, as you've indicated that there doesn't seem to be any kind of reinforcing structure there I would say it's essential to construct a supporting frame, or the bath will very quickly split as people continually sit on the edge of it while they're drying themselves.

You'd do yourself a lot of favours by sending this back and buying a decent quality bath instead, if you still can.....

What constitutes a good quality bath though? Having a baseboard?

Thet come across as a decent company.

Reason i ask about the baseboard is because the bars that have the feet attached screw into the base of the bath. So i dont want the screws to protrude the bath. Ha

As for supporting the front. It does have 2 legs that sit under the corners

Have to agree with muggles - a 4mm/5mm acrylic bath (their website states that it is both!) needs lots of support unless it's got a decent panel bonded within the structure.

If you're going to install a cheap & cheerful bath then the key is good support - timber bearers to spread the load from the legs and good edge support - battens on the wall to sit the bath edge on.

You will need a frame to support the front edge and to stop the bath panel flexing - batten on the floor/ vertical battens at corners and at each intermediate angle and a batten under the top edge.

Sponsored Links
I don't know this bath but...

Are you sure it got no base board? Possibly buried inside fibreglass bath?

I would not fit any bath that has poor support under, imaged a bath full of water and a couple doing what they like ( cough ) and the bath collapses, pouring water thru ceiling and in hospital from injuries from broken sharp fibreglass...

Daniel

It MAY have a baseboard buried within the fibreglass.

It does have 2 horizontal supports that screw into the base which is when I realised there doesn't 'appear' to be a baseboard to screw into.

And screwing into just fibreglass is pointless.

It will be an encapsulated board in the fibre glass, does in not come with assembly instructions? Every bath I have fitted comes with them or you could download a set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back